Saturday, December 4, 2010

In a Wonderland




I have loved Alice in Wonderland and all related artwork for years. I have a nice little collection of all things Alice in our curio cabinet that replaced our wedding crystal a while ago. It was just sitting in our attic in some boxes marked ALICE {now, ALICE has been crossed out and replaced with *useless wedding crystal*}. When *the boss* was turning 4 I knew exactly what theme we would do for her birthday party. I wanted to make it whimsical and use real china and table linens. The dishes, cups & saucers were found by scouring thrift and antique stores. All the teapots are from my personal collection the random chairs were borrowed from several people. As a graphic designer you very rarely get to design exactly what you want, the way you want to do it. Because of this, I like to go overboard for my girls' birthday parties.

The large leaves and the Cheshire Cat were made from insulation foam board we purchased at Home Depot. It's affordable and comes in large sheets. I painted it with poster paint and then used sidewalk chalk to draw on them.




 The birthday girl had the biggest, most comfiest chair to sit in.


I think the White Rabbit is fitting for the hostess since they are usually running around confused at parties.

We even had a Queen of Hearts and Mad Hatter.






This birthday party was so much fun and my sweet, sweet *Alice* still talks about it 2 years later.
{Unfortunately, our little-love was only 4 months old and slept the whole time}




1 comment: