Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Doheney in December

We like to go camping. And, although I prefer the summer months for this past time, we go every year in December. We usually go to San Elijo or Carlsbad State Beach, but this year was my first time camping in Doheny. There was a huge group of us, and since my cousins and aunt were going to be there we just turned it into our Christmas celebration. We had six sites all together, right on the beach. We also had excellent weather. My favorite kind of winter weather around here - sunny and crisp. Someone brought gingerbread houses & cookies for the kids to decorate {there were 9 little kiddos running around between the ages of 2-6}. Because this was my first time camping at Doheny, and my Mr. had not been since he was a kid, and the camping fees seem like they've doubled since the summer {astronomical!} I thought our site had hook-ups. We got there when it was dark and I hopped out of the trailer with an extension cord in hand ready to plug in. None of the sites at Doheny have hook-ups. I decided instantly that I was going to have a terrible time and my mood was in the dumps {likewise for my Mr.}. But, our girls were having a blast in our dimly-lit, slightly drafty Tin Can of a Trailer and my mood changed instantly. The other campers started to arrive, we lit a fire and good times were had. I was able to capture a couple of scenic shots of our cutie-buns on the sand berm. Beautiful!


I was trying to get this gorgeous shot of our *little love* standing with hundreds of birds flying overhead...and then she sat down.

This is why I was looking for hook-ups. Our Tin Can Trailer is a little bit old and I enjoy modern camping with luxuries like electricity {and occasionally being able to turn the space heater on and off throughout the night}.

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh, you are so funny! we should try real camping sometime - like in tents. let me think about it-hmmmmm.......no thanks!

    ReplyDelete