Monday, November 29, 2010

Little Decorative Elements

Well...the day after Thanksgiving any trace of Autumn was replaced with all things winter-y and Christmas-y in our house. We had our fabulous, long time friends and family over to kick-off the holidays.
Besides the conversation starters I really enjoyed making the drink bar look just-so.
I LOVE TEA. I put out some tea labeled with glittery, silver-foiled snowflakes and placed them in front of our new Advent Calendar. It is a ginger bread house with little doors to hide the treats in. I just need to find small enough candy {wrapped} to put two pieces in each little cubby.
{For some reason, everyone just wanted to keep drinking wine, not tea...hmm.}
My husband found this little cutie for me years ago at an antique mall. It makes me happy every time I see it. I love how common it is to find animated kitchen items from this era with little faces and sayings.
The conversation starters {project here} were totally fun and allowed us to get to know each other a little better even though we have known each other for, like, ever.

1 comment: