Sunday, November 21, 2010

Picky Eaters

I married a picky eater. My first born is a picky eater. I'm hopeful for my youngest. But, one of the things we all like in this family are chocolate chip cookies. Not just any kind of chocolate chip cookies...BB's Best Chocolate Chip Cookies. BB is my grandmother and she has been baking these for as long as I can remember. They are almost always in the cookie jar in her house. And, if for some reason they aren't, we start panicking before we remember to check the freezer. We can usually find some hiding in the back in a coffee tin.
Today seemed like the perfect day to make some. I rallied up some help from the troops which is never hard to do for this task.

  *The Boss* especially likes to help by making the dough balls and flattening them with a fork.

The Glamour Shot:
Here's the recipe...
Pre-Heat oven to 350˙
• 4.5 cups of flour
• 1 pound margarine
• 2 cups powered sugar
• 2 tsp vanilla
Mix well with hand mixer {the longer the better}
• add 1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips {12 oz}
Roll into balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet. Press down with fork.
Bake for 18-20 minutes.
YUMMY!
Here's what I've found out from making these - sometimes I only have butter, but margarine definitely tastes better. 20 minutes seems to be the magic number. Milk chocolate chips taste terrible with this recipe. Even my 5 year old thinks so.


While documenting this little baking project I found these hiding behind my pictures on the counter...this must be the spot my husband puts the headless dolls to be fixed. {compliments of our 2 year old}

1 comment:

  1. mmmmm...... love these cookies. thanks for the recipe. my little miss is going to be all over these. love the headless doll stash too.

    ReplyDelete