Saturday, May 14, 2011

Flea Market Finds

I have a fondness for old stuff and when I had my first baby it was the perfect excuse to go antiquing. I started with the blue parasol and birdcage {lower left #4}. Having a second baby allowed for even more searching and purchasing!
It didn't stop there as you can see by the above photos. And, these are only some of my favorites.
1. Laundry Bag found at a little store on Balboa Island. This particular store carries new items, but the owner found this little gem at a flea market and couldn't resist buying it to sell at her store.
2. Snow White wall art made out of really thick chipboard ~ Irvine Valley College Flea Market {first Sunday of the month}.
3. Fisher Price *Bossy Belle* pull toy {I like to call her Bessy Bell}.
4. Birdcage with porcelain food bowls and blue parasol ~ Paris to the Moon, Costa Mesa...which I am so, so sad to say is no longer there.
5. This pritty kitty has a mate with a broken head at the moment ~ random estate sale; porcelain head for storing yarn/string that you pull out through the mouth ~ Long Beach Veterans Stadium Flea Market {third Sunday of the month}.
6. Fisher Price Queen Bee pull toy ~ one of the antique stores at the Orange Circle.

This Mickey Mouse cube puzzle is from my childhood. I loved playing with this toy. It has something like 16 puzzles and my 6 year old loves it as much as I did {My 2 year old isn't allowed anywhere near it yet}. My dad brought it back for me from one of his business trips to Germany. The small print on the box is in German. The blocks I found for 50¢ at ~ you guessed it ~ the Irvine Valley College Flea Market.

1 comment:

  1. love it. i think we need to go on some hunts together! what ya say?

    ReplyDelete