Saturday, May 28, 2011

Doodling...my mid-year's resolution.

One year my new year's resolution was to sketch more. And I did. And it made me happy. This was the kind of sketching I did. Nature mostly.
Recently, I've been sneeking peeks in the sketchbook of a really talented artist here in our very own home. And these are some of the delights I found...



I love the whimsical flowers and trees and the blue-coconut-bikini-topped hula girl. And, these are a couple we have on our fridge...
 Hearts with wings have been a favorite subject lately. They make my heart soar {teehee}.
With all this fabulous inspiration surrounding me I couldn't help but get the creative bug. So, I have made a mid-year's resolution to doodle more.

The inspiration for the *mommy & daddy sitting a tree* doodle came from this little gem combined with the constant singing of a newly learned song ~
Here is a page of flowers ~ which I think really are my favorite thing to doodle.


I really like how the black & white turned out. I used regular tipped and ultra-thin tipped archival scrapbooking pens. I forgot how much I loved to doodle. The great thing about it is anyone can doodle. You can turn any *mistake* into some kind of something...a doodle!

3 comments:

  1. I have always admired and loved your doodling. I have always wanted to be able to doodle like this, but I get a block when I try. I love it. It is so whimsical and sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this post. super cute and looking forward to the art show this saturday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yeah and i just bought myself a little sketchbook to do this exact same thing :)

    ReplyDelete