Thursday, August 11, 2011

Art Show Party

Between holiday gatherings and birthday parties it sometimes feels like you are throwing some kind of shindig every other month. Why not throw another one? It may seem a bit sadistic but is well worth it. This Art Show Party was born from wanting to have a gathering that did not revolve around presents.

Each invitation went out with some *art cards* where the artists could put their names, the title of their masterpiece and their age.

Each artist wore a pin identifying them as an artist, in case there was any confusion. {I was a little concerned about party crashers}



These flowers were fun and easy to make. They were used for the *artist* pins and garlands. After the Art Show was over I hung them in the girls' rooms where they look positively fabulous.

{the flower garlands}
 


The Art was displayed on black presentation boards with black hand-painted wooden clothespins. {hand-painted by my amazing mother}. There was also this fantastic ocean piece created by two sisters ages 6 and 8. I just love the curling ocean wave at the top!


 These doodles were put out with markers as an activity for the kiddos.

Of course, I couldn't resist making cute little food sticks. Now, you must know the garden/bird/flower inspiration for the invitation and decor came from a Mother's Day gift I received from my girls...


This beautiful bird bath from the Smith + Hawken collection at Target. It will never fulfill its destiny as a bird bath. It will only ever be used to serve hors d'oevres in this house. In fact, one of the moms at the Art Show went and got one for her and her mom right after the Art Show {they don't have any intention of using theirs as bird baths either}.

Even though I love, love, love my birth bath, I think my favorite piece of decor at the Art Show were these hand picked flowers from our garden my little kiddos.

No comments:

Post a Comment